Thanks

Font presenting wrong characters

Good morning,
    I recently installed a new font, Sharland (https://www.fontspace.com/sharland-font-f47964). The install was normal and I am able to use the font in Inkscape. The problem arises when I try to type normal lowercase characters. The characters that Inkscape displays are private use characters contained in the font file.
    When I use the Windows Character Map to choose the proper characters and paste them into another software such as Wordpad, the characters copy properly, but copying the characters into Inkscape from the Character Map results in the same problem, with lowercase characters displaying as their alternate versions. This leads me to believe that the problem might be on Inkscape's end, but the font file itself also previews the private use characters when installing so I'm not sure how to track this down.
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate

Thanks
    Font size is essential when it comes to projects. These days, many people are having a hard time choosing the best type of font they need. Some are limited to specific sizes or quality settings. If you want your projects to look good from the start, make sure you pay attention to the available options. Learn from upfonts.com what they can do and how they can help you. It’s easy to get carried away by all the great-looking fonts out there. They got a lot of free fonts that are very good to use.